On Friday after my food processor arrived I was itching to make something for dinner using it. I had roughly 500 grams of beef mince in the fridge, fresh young garlic and fresh parsley in the garden. After searching beef mince recipes ideas online I decided that homemade burgers with quick bake fries would be perfect.
I have never made beef burgers before so I really needed a recipe. After quite a bit of searching I found two recipes; one by Jamie Oliver and one by Donna Hay. I couldn’t decide between them so I mixed it up and did a bit of both and this is what I came up with.
500 grams Mince beef
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 slice of bread crusts removed
1. Put garlic and parsley in the food processor and whizz it together.
2. Add the slice of bread and whizz it up.
3. Add pepper, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, egg and a splash of olive oil. Whizz them together.
4. Place mix in a bowl with the mince and mix it together.
5. Divide into 4 portions and shape into patties.
*please excuse the poor quality photographs.
6. Fry up bacon and transfer to a bowl.
7. Slice up cheese and tomato.
8. Use the pan to fry up the patties, resist the urge to squash them flat.
9. Prepare the buns and spread chilli jam (or your preferred sauce) onto the bun and assemble the burger.
10. Serve with fries and enjoy 🙂