Here is the original recipe and below it is how I make it.
• 4 cups self-raising flour
• 1 can lemonade (330ml)
• 1 bottle cream (300ml) (I buy a 600ml bottle)
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl to form a soft dough.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead into a squarish shape, about 2cm thick.
4. Cut into size and place together on an ungreased baking tray. (I used baking paper.)
5. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until top is browned.
Enjoy with cream or jam.
How I make it:
I just sift the flour into the bowl, add the cream and stir together. Add the lemonade and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then I flour my hands and knead the mix in the bowl. Then I flour my hands (so the mixture doesn’t stick) and roll the mixture into balls and place them next to each other on the one tray.
I use the remaining 300ml of cream, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and one teaspoon of vanilla extract to make the whipped cream.